2560 5th Ave West
Seattle, WA 98119
After graduating from law school Monica joined
PriceWaterhouseCoopers in New York City, where she advised
multinationals on their tax structure, she then spent a few
years with Kaye Scholer, also in New York City, while pursuing
her LL.M in Taxation at NYU before moving west to finish her
LL.M at UW. Upon completing of her LL.M, Monica joined Miller
Nash, a premier northwest law firm, where she practiced in the
area of corporate law, international, federal, state and local
tax law as well as provided guidance to numerous tax-exempt and
for-profit organizations. She most recently was a partner at
Garvey Schubert Barer, an international law firm, headquartered
in Seattle, Washington. At Garvey Schubert Barer, Monica honed
her corporate counsel skills as well as expanded her knowledge
of all areas of the tax law.
Monica grew up in Norway and speaks fluent Norwegian and is active in the local Norwegian community in Seattle. She is also an Adjunct Professor at Seattle University School of Law, where she teaches international tax law. In her spare time, she tries to fit in as much hiking, running, skiing, snowboarding and cooking as she can manage, all to the delight of her husband and four-legged companions Scout and Indie.
University of Washington School of Law, LL.M, Taxation
- Merit scholarship
Seton Hall School of Law, J.D.
- Centennial Scholarship Recipient
- Moot Court
- Tax Tutor
- VITA Volunteer
University of Idaho, B.S., Finance and Economics
- Dean’s List
- All-Academic Athlete
- Full-ride athletic scholarship.
- Named as one of The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of
Tax, 2013-2015 (Copyright 2013 by Woodward/White, Inc., of
- Named as a “Rising Star,” Washington Super Lawyers, 2007
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, King County Bar Association
- Member, Washington Women in Tax
- Member, Seattle Tax Group
- Member, Washington State Bar Association - Nonprofit committee
- Member and Immediate Past Board President, Norwegian Commercial Club Seatle
- Past Board President, Northwest Justice Project
- King County Bar Association Neighborhood Legal Clinics - Volunteer Attorney
- King County Bar Association and Nonprofit Assistance Center joint nonprofit legal clinic, Attorney Coordinator
- Forming a Nonprofit Workshop,Washington Charter Schools Association, July 2013.
- IRS Releases Additional Guidance for Reporting Foreign
Financial Assets on Form 8938," Garvey Schubert Barer Legal
Update, July 2012.
- IRS Announces New FBAR Relief for U.S. Citizens Residing Outside the United States and U.S. Expatriates Holding Foreign Retirement Accounts,"
- Garvey Schubert Barer Legal Update, July 2012
Copyright © 2013-2019, Langfeldt Law, PLLC. All rights reserved. Legal notice. Disclaimer.